Cancer Research UK is the world’s largest charity dedicated to saving lives through research. Their vision is to bring forward the day when all cancers are cured. They pioneer life-saving cancer research to help beat cancer sooner.
The top 5 highlights from CRUK’s history of life-saving research and campaigning:
• Over the last 40 years, Cancer Research UK's work has helped double breast cancer survival
• Cancer Research UK was a key player in the development of radiotherapy, which now benefits more than 130,000 patients every year in the UK
• Cancer Research UK helped prove the value of cervical screening, which now prevents thousands of deaths every year
• Cancer Research UK helped prove the link between tobacco and cancer, preventing millions of deaths worldwide
• Cancer Research UK's research has played a role in developing 8 of the world's top 10 cancer drugs
To find out more about their pioneering work please visit their website: